Monday, March 15, 2010

craft-along twenty ten: project one COMPLETE!


the photo geek that i am couldn't wait to get home and upload these pictures. {i did go to the gym first...} hopefully you love them as much as i do, because, well, what's a blog if not for the accolades of complete strangers. {and all of you, my friends!}
CameraStrap_01.jpg
so this is obviously the permanent one, or maybe you can't tell in the photo, but it's all sewn down the strap and tidy and strong. i LOVE the elephants and even though these are all old fabrics i had lying around, i liked them together.

here's a more panoramic view of the whole thing:
CameraStrap_02.jpg
and here is the temporary cover. now i told you i changed some things, but the main thing was sewing down the side that had the fusible interfacing before sewing them together. i think it gives it a more finished look plus it keeps the fabric from bowing out away from the strap. and my measurements ended up being perfect {which hardly ever happens} so i was really happy with the snug fit.
CameraStrap_03.jpgCameraStrap_04.jpg
now thanks to the kind encouraging words of marybeth, i've created a flickr group to start posting all these photos here. please go over and join so i don't feel like a single-member loser. and if you post about your strap please let me know cause i'd like to alert everyone to your creations, as splendid as i know they're going to be...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

oh man...mine's so gonna look like crap compared to yours. :( wah.

tinker stinker said...

it'll look fantastic, who are you kidding??

carrie said...

oh my word, the strap is soooo stinkin' cute!! awesome job! i wish i had some sewing, crafting capabilities, instead i just envy all of you that do!!:)

daisygirl said...

Very cute! You always make me wish I had more time to sew! I will be making curtains soon for Layla's new room though. Hope to have her and Carter switched by the weekend. Now off to IKEA for a few things for her room...

Anonymous said...

If only I could sew a straight line as well as you can! I love how you had sewn down the side like that. I may have to try it on my next one. I love the one with elephants too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...