Tuesday, November 09, 2010

and this is why the renovation will take us FORever.

IMG_3674_closet.jpg

this is a closet. ONE closet. And it's finally done. Well, minus the outer trim which isn't up anywhere yet...I figured doors were more important.

Anyway, this is the reason this reno will take us so stinking long. And why we're living in a construction zone. I wish I had a better before picture, but this will have to do. It used to have a weird platform on the floor and some nasty linoleum that matched the crazy 70s blue vibe from the bathroom. Then we tore that out and had the flooring guy install hardwoods in there.

I had to paint everything, prime the door and jam, we wainscoted the back wall to hide all those nasty sheetrock issues and left a nice neat opening for future plumbing access. Then I cut primed and painted the baseboards and put it all back together! And let me tell you, that painting was not fun, look at all those shelving nooks and crannies!

Anyway, today will be the completion of the laundry room. That way I can finally make a few loads of laundry disappear from the floor of our bedroom...

1 comment:

carrie said...

wow looks awesome!! With time your whole house will look amazing, i know it!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...