Wednesday, February 16, 2011

the lonely craft night that was

IMG_5067_craftnight.jpg

It wasn't all bad, Marybeth kept me company for hours! And I had to show off the wreath she made. It's incredibly beautiful AND she finished the entire thing already. I was impressed. I insisted she leave it overnight for a daylight photoshoot but she was less than willing, so I'll apologize for the blurry image. She's smart though, by the glimmer in my eye she could tell I was planning to kidnap it forever.

I took the time and made some flowers for my soon to be wreath, just as soon as I get out and get the yarn and foam wreath. It's really a great project if anyone's considering it. It takes a while to wrap the foam BUT it's so mindless you can do it while deep in conversation or sitting in front of the telly. I also whipped up a couple of felt flower headbands for me and MB. I reused some of my old headbands that were neglected for years. I think the pearl accents give it a more grown-up polished look, I mean, as grown-up as you can get wearing flowers on your head.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

that wreath is beautiful! what did she use to wrap it?

Melissa said...

MB!!!! That wreath is gawgeous! I am wreath-green with envy. :) Super cute.
(oh, and tink, your headbands are cute, too.) :0)

embee said...

yeah, you would have stolen it. there was no chance i could leave it or i'd never see it again :)

tinkstink said...

kelly, she used vanna white yarn! who would have thought?

daisygirl said...

Hmmm...I am thinking I need to make an awesome wreath to ready my door for spring. Maybe it will be so cheerful it will keep the snow away...
Love the felt flowers, got to make some of those too. Layla is very girly and would love them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...