Saturday, April 16, 2011

it's a blue kind of day

IMG_5811_dishes.jpg

I've been feeding my craft obsession in small doses in between a few larger projects I'm working on. I can't wait to show you a couple of things that are being upcycled, but for now these will have to do.

IMG_5810_dishes.jpgIMG_5808_dishes.jpg

I found these blue and white plates at my local Goodwill for about a dollar a piece. The bases were found at various stores, for about 50 cents a piece. I only had to spraypaint one of the bases and it came out splendidly. I'm really happy with the mix of black bases and the blue and white theme. I used E6000 glue to secure the bases to the plates. It's stinky, but it works!

IMG_5818_sadie.jpg

And here we are waiting for the rain to stop. Sadie's going a bit stir crazy. She even attacked the rag I was using to wipe off her feet after a potty run. That rag didn't stand a chance, she's a chewer.

4 comments:

embee said...

with the way she attacked her toy i was scared to be around her :) maybe we can meet up this week so i can grab that candlestick from you, if you cut it, so that i can paint it and attack it to use it on saturday?

cheri said...

i already have it cut, it's not perfectly straight but I tried to sand it flat as best i could...

embee said...

GREAT!! i'll text you... maybe i'll run by sometime this week ;)

Anonymous said...

The blue plates look awesome!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...