Wednesday, August 24, 2011

you had me at goodwill

As many of you know, I'm in LOVE with thrift stores. And now that there's Pinterest, there are so many great ideas to create from thrift store finds. This is just the story of one of mine. I found the idea on Pinterest a while back and thought how brilliant it would be to make a knock-off version since all the store-bought versions are so pricey {even tjmaxx had a version for 30$!}.

All I needed was two old cake pans {varying sizes}, some E6000 glue {wicked stinky, I recommend doing the glueing outdoors}, an old candlestick holder, some rope and a hot glue gun. Use the E6000 to glue the top and bottom of the candlestick to the top and bottoms of your cake pans. Finish the look by hot glueing your rope {twine, ribbon, whatever you like} to the edge of each cake pan. You could also mod podge the bottoms of the cake pans if you wanted, but I liked a simpler look. So after a few hours of drying time, this is what you have:

IMG_9602_rope.jpg

IMG_9604_rope.jpg

So for $8, this is a nifty little storage container for my crafting whatevers:

IMG_9607_rope.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...